Waterwise 7000 & 9000 Carbon Filter Cups (6-Pack)
6-Pack Post Filter Cups for the Waterwise 7000 or 9000. Replace every two months or after 60-80 gallons of water processed (whichever comes first).
Carbon post filtration ensures high purity water after the distillation process is completed.
Post filtration is used as a final treatment to effectively remove VOCs (volatile organic compounds). It significantly reduces trihalomethanes, synthetic organic compounds such as pesticides and hydrocarbons, and petrochemical byproducts such as benzene, toluene, and methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE).
Each disposable filter contains Granular, Activated, virgin Carbon (GAC) produced from coconut shell. High temperature steam activation reorders the carbon atoms to produce an extremely porous structure with a much larger surface area. This network of very fine pores is extremely effective at trapping contaminant molecules. The carbon has a typical pH of 8.0-8.5.
- California Prop 65 compliant carbon
- Carbon tested by independent third-party laboratory
- Individually wrapped/sealed
- High quality polypropylene cup—BPA-Free
- Triple overflow protection
- Optimal infiltration top grid
- Stainless steel bottom screen
- 24 grams of GAC
- Surface area of over 256,800 sq ft (approx. 5.9 acres)
- Remove and discard the protective seal on the bottom.
- Pour 1 to 2 cups of boiled or distilled water through filter cup to rinse away any small, harmless carbon fines (dust). Water draining from the filter cup may contain black dust. This is normal. The carbon dust is formed as a result of production, packaging and shipping of filter cup.
- Once water runs clear through the filter cup, to ensure optimum water purity, sterilize filter cup by fully immersing in boiling water for about five minutes. Carefully remove filter cup from boiling water and allow to cool before handling. DO NOT microwave.
- Rinse briefly with boiled or distilled water before installing.
- Place the sterilized/rinsed filter cup into opening of the collection/storage reservoir.
The filter cup should be replaced every two months or after 60-80 gallons of water processed (whichever comes first). As a convenient reminder, write the date of installation on the Replacement Record printed on the outside of carton.
NOTE: Effective life of a filter cup will vary depending on quantity of water produced and quality of tap water used. If you notice a change in taste of the steam distilled water, clean distiller boiling tank and install a new filter cup.
Refer to Use & Care Guide for additional information and important safeguards.
Contact your supplier or call (800) 874-9028 with questions.
Operational maintenance and replacement requirements are essential for this product to perform as advertised.