History has revealed that the civilizations that had the cleanest and purest water were typically the strongest, healthiest, and most vibrant civilizations of their era. That's one reason why drinking steam-distilled water yields so many wonderful health benefits. You may recognize some of the benefits of purified water, while others may be new to you.
You see, water is rightfully called the "elixir of life." In fact, recent research reveals healthful water may actually be the ultimate age-defying nutrient. Imagine that, something as simple and ordinary as water helps you to maintain or perhaps even increase physical youthfulness. But it's true.
You can gain amazing health benefits from a steady dose of 8 glasses of purified water a day:
- Vastly improves your energy
- Sharpens your mental and physical performance
- Gradually improves your skin's appearance and reduces wrinkles
- Fosters weight loss. F. Batmanghelidj, MD, author of the acclaimed book, Your Body's Many Cries for Water, says that many times the body's request for water is actually misinterpreted as hunger.
- Reduces stress, anxiety, and depression
- Reduces headaches and dizzy spells
- Bolsters heart health. According to a 6-year study of more than 20,000 healthy men and women aged 38-100 in the May 1, 2002, American Journal of Epidemiology, it was found that women who drank more than five glasses of water a day were 41% less likely to die from heart attack than those who drank less than two glasses. The heart benefits were even greater in men.
- May relieve symptoms of asthma, allergies, and arthritis
Beyond these benefits, history proves that purified water can do much, much more. So much so that many ancient civilizations such as the Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Hebrews, Hindus, Chinese, and Native Americans used water therapeutically in many ways to heal injury and treat disease. And, the reasons why are obvious. Examine the human body and you'll find it's almost 70% water.
Maintaining an adequate hydration level is essential for efficiently regulating your body's normal physiological functions. As you can imagine, if your brain is not properly hydrated, your thinking ability becomes dull, you have trouble making the best decisions, and your potential for headaches and dizziness increases. Your liver breaks down fats, so when it's below its hydration mark, your digestive system experiences a chain reaction of imbalances. And so on.
Take a closer look at what water does inside your body and you'll discover that the benefits of purified water are immense. It:
- Aids in proper digestion
- Improves oxygen delivery to cells
- Removes toxins and waste products
- Transports nutrients and increases
- Cushions and lubricates joints
- Regulates body temperature
- Generates cellular energy
- Improves immune function
It's obvious if you don't drink enough water you may encounter health problems. But if you drink clean, pure water you can bolster your health and performance throughout life. Naturally, you want the same clean, abundant water supply for your family as the mighty and memorable civilizations of times past. But there has always been an unseen struggle—the struggle of creating and maintaining a clean water supply. Unfold the chronicles of history and you'll discover that people commonly died from waterborne diseases like cholera, dysentery, and typhoid fever. As populations have increased, the demand for properly treated water has also increased. Today, we have impressive municipalities that have done an outstanding job, but there's a problem of aging water treatment systems overwhelmed by the large volume of contaminants. To circumvent these contaminants staying in your water, we have a variety of distilled water-making machines for your home or office.