Waterwise 3200 & 8800 Carbon Filter Bags (6-Pack)
6-Pack Post Filter Bags for the Waterwise 3200 or 8800. Replace every two months or after 60-80 gallons of water processed (whichever comes first).
Carbon post filtration ensures high purity water after the distillation process is completed.
Post filtration is used as a final treatment to effectively remove VOCs (volatile organic compounds). It significantly reduces trihalomethanes, synthetic organic compounds such as pesticides and hydrocarbons, and petrochemical byproducts such as benzene, toluene, and methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE).
Each disposable filter contains Granular, Activated, virgin Carbon (GAC) produced from coconut shell. High temperature steam activation reorders the carbon atoms to produce an extremely porous structure with a much larger surface area. This network of very fine pores is extremely effective at trapping contaminant molecules. The carbon has a typical pH of 8.0-8.5.
Effective July 2019—Now twice the carbon—Made in USA.
- California Prop 65 compliant carbon
- Carbon tested by independent third-party laboratory
- Individually wrapped/sealed
- 24 grams of GAC
- Surface area of over 256,800 sq ft (approx. 5.9 acres)
- Made in USA
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- Fill a clean container with distilled or boiled tap water. Slowly immerse a narrow end of the filter bag into the water. Once the bottom quarter (1/4) is wet, slowly immerse entire bag, squeezing gently to remove air. If the bag “puffs up,” you are immersing it too quickly.
- After the bag has been immersed, remove from the water and rinse it by pouring more distilled or boiled tap water over bag to remove any carbon fines (dust).
- Be sure carbon is evenly distributed within bag, then place bag in filter compartment.
- Replace cover on compartment and place lid onto carafe.
- Discard first gallon of distilled water as it may contain some harmless carbon fines.
As a convenient reminder, write the date of installation on the Replacement Record printed on the outside of carton.
Refer to Use & Care Guide for additional information and important safeguards.
Contact your supplier or call (800) 874-9028 with questions.
Operational maintenance and replacement requirements are essential for this product to perform as advertised.